Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Return to Delhi

23 April 2011
Nilu dropped us off early the next morning to the Railway Station. Then the usual train journey stuff followed, buying alcohol and snacks in black, pulling Dutta's leg again, etc. Doley spent most of his time sleeping. In the end, the motorcycles reached New Delhi safely. We picked them up through an agent who took about Rs 300 per bike and did the process of collection that we were unaware of. Railways are the best method of vehicle transportation.
It was a wild ride, literally. We will always miss Riding in Bhutan. But we are hoping to cover up for it the next time we visit North-East. There are far more places to discover.

1 comment:

  1. I had been waiting to read this Blog for so long and boy I had a ball...finished the full text in one-go...gets me ready for the weekend ahead !!!

    A ride full of ups & downs as all our rides always are and thats what make them worthwhile and give us memories of a lifetime...

    You sleeping in the middle of a council meeting is very rare so I can safely assume that you would have been dead tired....

    Not riding to Bhutan is a big-big loss but Inshallah I would be riding along with you to Bhutan one day and also to the Arunachal which is yet to be covered...I really hope that ride would be planned in time to come...


    I was not with you in the ride in-person but my gifts must have made up for my absence !!! and that was my entire intention of gifting them to you and yes...how can I forget the carrier of mine...it has seen Arunachal, Kanyakumari and Ladakh 6 times now !!! some durability...hopefully it would get to ROK very soon !!!

    I loved reading the blog and was elated to see my name mentioned as well once !!!

    I really miss riding with you, Gyan & Nilu big time...hopefully we 4 would be back together on the roads because thats where we all belong !!!

    Congratulations to PayengDa from my side as well...

    Whenever I come to India next and if I get some time I would come over to your house to see all the pics of the ride...

    Last but not the least...I really want to meet the PUSSY guy - John....meoooooooooooooow !!!

    Cheers to Life...

    Jai BoP....

    Che

    ReplyDelete